- Dyana King, CPC
- Partner, Thinknicity Inc.
John's vision is clear and his ability to communicate the most important elements of any issue have been hugely helpful.
eVo Associates is dedicated to addressing the needs of mid-sized organizations experiencing rapid growth or intending a major shift in the value of the business (growth, IPO, sale, liquidation). The breadth of our clients, in terms of industry, size and geography, demonstrates the kind of experience eVo brings to any assignment.
eVo has worked with start-ups, rapid growth companies, and multi-nationals. A few of case studies are included here. For more about eVo’s various other assignments, please contact us.
]Situation: Three prior attempts over four years to integrate an acquisition had failed, at the cost of millions of dollars.
Results: Within the first month, worked with management of both organizations to align operations on the final structure of the integrated company, while establishing a reporting and oversight process to assure short-cycle decision-making. Successful implementation took place within six months.
Situation: Determine to expand or divest subsidiary based on current and future valuation, including product, processes, management and organization.
Results: Analyzed market opportunities, including structure, trends, competitors and potential; interviewed in confidence key managers regarding current strategic, product, market and operational issues; presented detailed review to corporate management and investment banking personnel; facilitated decision to invest in business growth through new operating structure and expanded products.
Multinational consumer products company
Objective: Determine why client’s distribution organization was not competitive; perception of high costs and low productivity relative to competition.
Reorganized the sales and distribution systems and organization to eliminate
redundancies and inefficiencies.
Global financial institution with five regions and representation in 130 countries
Objective: Design and implement a global emergency response program to address any year 2000
issues as they arise.
1. Design global response program, including
2. Build buy-in with each of six independent divisions
3. Implement management oversight to assure preparedness
All predictions made in September 1999 regarding the likelihood of global technical and
other problems were realized
Major regional public sector provider of services to the disabled
Objective: Develop the management team in order to achieve New York State’s Empire State
Advantage Gold Award (based on the criteria for the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality
1. Design and implement management and employee programs that included
2. Regular reviews over 18 month period both at management and first line levels
Global technology infrastructure manufacturer
Objective: In preparation for IPO, guarantee continued 85% control of current market worldwide,
by assuring regular deliveries of $2M laser mask machines on time and to specifications
(few had ever been delivered on-time in 15 years of successful operation).
1. Implement metrics and performance management within executive team and their direct
2. Identify and resolve manufacturing and subcontracting project management issues
US-based footwear manufacturer with broad distribution and retail holdings
Objective: Rethink structure and strategy in light of chapter 11 filing.
1. Completed interviews with all division heads and key players down the organization.
2. Assessed market and competitive environment.
3. Facilitated strategy and organization worksession with top 22 managers.
4. Implemented and monitored performance management processes to guarantee speedy
recovery of market position.
Regionally diverse Baby Bell
Objective: Support management team in implementing strategy to enter the long distance business from concept, structure, and infrastructure to market entry – in less than six months.
1. Work with new management team to
2. Establish teamwork amongst individual first line teams and across entire business
Multinational partnership of technology construction company and design firm
Objective: Assist senior management team re-capture six weeks of $2.1B fabricating plant buildout
and deliver four production lines on time (build was 6 weeks behind schedule).
1. Interview management of each of five organizations responsible for the build
2. Work with senior management team and each organization together to
3. Implement project management techniques to support action plan
Global beverage company
Objective: Realign the organization of a beverage company to deliver significantly higher value to
1. Conducted research with trade partners to define how they measure value.
2. Determined why client was losing share to a major competitor in high-growth market.
3. Performed extensive research to identify if competitor had structured a business system
to deliver value to trade partners.
4. Conducted internal interviews and focus groups to gain perspective of first and secondline
employees re: the extent to which client was delivering value to trade partners.
Superregional bank’s card operations group
Objective: Client had developed EFT technologies and wanted to assess the potential use and value
in open markets.
1. Evaluated each of the technologies developed by the client
2. Assessed competition
Multinational financial institution
Objective: Develop strategy for repositioned global card product offering
1. Research current and potential market for commercial card products
2. Identify strategic alternatives and select optimal
3. Initiate implementation
Senior-level multinational division managers responsible for or undertaking major cultural or
Objective: Design and implement a program to train leaders to effectively manage and promote
positive, effective and rapid organizational change.
1. Design six day program to include
2. Invite 15-20 senior level OD and line managers to participate
Program offered once per year and fully subscribed
Multinational semiconductor corporation
Objective: Design and implement a program to significantly enhance performance/results without
taking first line manufacturing teams away from the worksite for more than one day.
1. Design in-tact team workshop to
2. Implement one day workshop and follow-up
3. Incorporate workshop results into management reporting